A loving baby massage
With a gentle baby massage, your baby will receive additional love and attention from you. This strengthens the bond between parent and baby. In addition, your baby's sensitive skin is supplied with moisture by the care oil.
Baby massage - bonding ritual
Ideally, you should massage your baby immediately after bathing with high-quality skin oil - such as Töpfer baby oil. Don't worry, you can't go wrong. Because Mother Nature has given you a lot of maternal intuition. Plus, your baby will quickly show you what he likes and what he doesn't like. It is only important that you proceed cautiously and see the massage as a loving ritual. The frequency is entirely up to you and your baby.
Midwife tips for baby massage:
- The ideal time is right after bathing.
- Preferably in a warm and quiet place so that your baby does not get cold and can relax.
- Before massaging, the oil should be warmed with your hands.
- Lay your baby on their back for the massage.
- Now just try it out carefully. There is no scheme here that you have to adhere to. Your baby will signal to you what it likes and what it doesn't like.
- If your baby is bloated, circular motions with the fingertips on the abdominal wall can help.
With the tender caresses you stimulate the blood circulation of your baby and strengthen his resilience. You also give your child the feeling of security and love - they can never have enough of that anyway.